The Craftsmanship and quality of our log homes is unsurpassed by any other log home company in the Nation.
We are a small, family run business. We started Top-Notch Log Homes in the summer of 1977 when we a constructed a historic fort which still stands in Illinois. A few years later, we added on to the historic Douglas Lodge at the mouth of the Mississippi River. Throughout the years we have gone on to build hundreds of hand scribed log homes for families in Minnesota, Wisconsin and the Dakotas.
Who we are and what we can do for you:
We've been building log homes for over 30 years and we're still friends with everyone we ever built for. That's our greatest success!
- We take one job at a time so we can offer you our undivided attention. The key to our success is we use top quality, air dried local Pine and Cedar. This prevents shrinkage and gaps as your home ages.
- If we miss your call we'll Respond to you within a few hours.
- We can go over your plan or refer you to our Architect, and guide you through each step of the way.
- We offer you a weekend to stay in one of our hand-crafted log homes at Buckhorn on Caribou Lake Resort, so you can decide: "Is this what I really want, and are these the people I trust to spend my hard earned dollar with."
- We can help with planning and designing your log home or cabin. But we find that Log homes are as unique as their owner, and every owner has their idea of what they want.
- Once we've finalized on your plan we will give you a solid bid with a payment schedule that doesn't vary.
- We can serve as your General contractor, or refer you to someone in your area who is experienced in log home building.
- We will take photos throughout the process to add your photo book.
- We're just a phone call away in the years to come if you ever have questions or concerns about your log home.